Hello everybody, it’s Aaricia from CorAa Creations. As you can see if you follow me on Instagram, I started to work on Aloy Nora Brave outfit, form Horizon Zero Dawn few days ago. And today, I wana make this very first tutorial video (yeaaaaay) To speak to you about expanded PVC who serve me here to make the armor pieces. I first made a paper pattern of the differents pieces with the help of the super cosplay guide made by Guerrilla Games you will find the download link in the description. I reported them on my expanded PVC sheets. Here I used 5mm thick but you can find more thin in all DIY stores. Then all that was left was to cut out all the pieces in several copies depending on the thickness. And it was long ! On some plates, you have a plastic film on the back, remember to remove it before going to thermoforming. The last step before giving shape to our armor pieces is to cut small grooves on the back following the curvatures of the piece to prevent it from breaking. /! From this step to sanding, wear a cartridge mask /! /! From this step to sanding, wear a cartridge mask /! /! From this step to sanding, wear a cartridge mask /! /! From this step to sanding, wear a cartridge mask /! And then go to thermoforming ! What is good with expanded PVC is that a simple hair dryer is enough However, remember to heat both sides of the plate before folding to prevent it from breaking. And protect your hands from the heat. I repeated this process on each of the plates so that all the thicknesses have the same curvature, then I glued them with PVC glue. Be careful not to move while glueing, it’s fast enough, but a tiny gap will make the plate stick no more. I then put on a mask and left for a long sanding phase. I forgot to film the next step, sorry… But I just applied a coat of metallic spray paint on all the plates then I vernish (otherwise, a good coat of hairspray will be ok too), and once dry, I covered with white paint. Finally, if you want, you can do it later, personally, I was too hury to see the result so I made the weathering of the piece at that moment, using just sandpaper and a wood file. But you can also use a wire brush. Then come the very long step of masking. I used electricians tape to make the connections, to avoid that there is infiltration of paint under masking tape. Once the tape is placed everywhere on surfaces that will not be painted carbon effect, I applied a new coat of white with Liquitex paint. To have a carbon effect, simply cut a strip of mosquito net and keep it well against the surface to be painted before applying a new coat of metallic paint far enough from the piece. and keep it well against the surface to be painted before applying a new coat of metallic paint far enough from the piece. And finally, one of my favorite stages, the removal of tape! It only remains to correct some paint finish, add a little detail, and weathering. I used Liquitex Heavy Body tube paints and airbrush pigments Tims Gore, from the Bloodlines range. And here it was, the first part of Aloy’s costume tutorials, next time I will show you how to make the boots and the tunic. (which is not good here) Euuuuuuhm. If you have any questions do not hesitate. I hope you learned a lot of things in this video. We’ll meet soon, and until then, or follow me on Instagram to see the progress of Aloy’s costume. Bye !